IMPORTANT ! In 2013 the number of participants at Hercules Maraton and Hercules Semimaraton is limited to 400. Make sure you have your spot at the starting line by registering early!
To register on-line for Hercules Marathon one needs to (is required):
1. pay a participation fee;
2. fill in the registration form (here);
3. take upon himself to sign a declaration and the competition rules when given the contest number on the 31st of May.
Prepay for the on-line registrations can be made until the 25th of May. The validation of all the registration entries will take place the day before the contest, on the 31st of May, in Motel Dumbrava area between 17:00 and 22:00 hours.
* 70 ron (~15 euros) until 31st of March
* 85 ron (~20 euros) between 1st of April and 30th of April
* 100 ron (~23 euros) between 1st of May and 25th of May
- bank transfer or payment order until the 25th of May. Account details:
Clubul Sportiv Alternative
Banca Comerciala Romana
Sucursala Timis Bastion
Payment details: "[First Name] [Last Name] - Hercules Maraton"
- cash, when the registration entries are validated on 31st of May
Contact: for further details you can contact us by email: email@example.com
We're looking forward to having you there.
Detailed elevation profile:
Check and refreshment points:
|No.||Location||Altitude||Total distance||Intermediate distance||Vertical positiv gain||Vertical negative|
|4.||Pas Cracul Teiului||905m||14.4km||4.8km||88m||175m|
|No.||Point Name||Point||Total distance|
|0.||Start Pod Vanturatoarea||Check point||-|
|1.||Podul Tasnei||Check point||2.3km|
|2.||Izvor Cracul Teiului2/trecerea 1||Refreshment point||5.4km|
|3.||Biserica Dobraia/trecerea 1||Check point||6.1km|
|4.||Izvor Poiana Lunga||Revitalizare||13.1km|
|5.||Cracul Teiului-Bogaltin||Check point||15.3km|
|6.||Sat Bogaltin||Check and Refreshment point||18.3km|
|7.||Izvor Fantana Babii||Refreshment point||21.5km|
|8.||Cracul Ciumerna||Check point||23.5km|
|9.||Saua Ciumerna||Check point||25.6km|
|10.||Inelet hamlet||Check and Refreshment point||31.9km|
|11.||Sat Prisacina||Check and Refreshment point||37.8km|
|12.||Biserica Dobraia/trecerea 2||Check point||40.2km|
|13.||Izvor Cracul Teiului2/trecerea 2||Refreshment point||40.9km|
|14.||Finish Motel Dumbrava||Check and Refreshment point||44.5km|
Click on the map to open
- Outdoor mountain competition
- The track comprises forest roads, public roads, marked touristic paths and unmarked mountain and forest paths. The organizers will place markings all along the track.
- Open to any person with minimum age limit: 18.
- The organizers recommend only the participation of persons medically fit for effort.
- General Female
- General Male
- 18-29 years Female
- 18-29 years Male
- 30-39 Female
- 30-39 years Male
- 40+ Male
- 40+ Female
- Mandatory: competitor number attached visibly in front side, all time during the competition
- Recommended: Waterproof gear, water (camelback), energy bars, mobile phone, trekking poles.
- According to „Registration section”;
- Validation on May 25, starting 16:00h at Dumbrava guest house;
- For validation, a valid ID is needed, along with the signature of acceptance of the competition rules and a declaration of assuming the responsibility in case of accident.
- You will receive the competitor number.
- Accident after the Start
- Participant did not reach the intermediate time limit
- Exceptional cases.
- Not observing the mandatory track; it is forbidden to shortcut the track by any means
- Missing a checkpoint
- Losing the participation number of failing to display the number, visibly on the chest
- Using any vehicle during the race
- Exceeding the imposed time limits
- Abandon of equipment along the track
- Leaving any garbage on the track
- Un-respectful / un-sporty behavior towards other competitors, officials, organisers, supporters and locals.
- With your tent in the private glade near finish line
- Dumbrava Guest House, at the border of Caras-Severin and Mehedinti county, situtated also next to the finish line: 25 double rooms with shower are available, at the price of 80RON (~20euro). We have reserved the entire guest house for this event – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1 if you wish to be lodged there. The guest house also runs a 70 seats restaurant which serves hot meals.
- Tierna Hotel – 4km downstream of start/finish line. Facilities: sauna, pool, thermal spa and fitness room.
3. Crovul Mare-Poiana Mare-Poiana Beletinei
3. Circuitul prin muntii Mehedinti spre Izbucul Cernei